For the #Change 11 course, I have been wondering what “Change” I want to promote”?
“What is the really, really new”? Could it be categorized in “The Networked Learning” and “The Academic Profiling” like this:
A: The Networked Learning
- The Open Courses – and thereby the openness of what is going on during classes (including materials)
- The peer to peer guidance – and thereby the lack of teacher-guidance
- The interactivity with peers around the world – and thereby greater possibilities to find like-minded than by local courses
- The huges size of classes – and thereby the lack of a physical room, which make interacting througt gestures difficult
- Less needs of professor for each students, which not necessarily is a bad thing.
- The certification, which becomes the Educational Institutions new product – in order to earn money for the courses
- Social networks as part of connecting
B: The Academic Profiling (and Knowledgesharing)
- The blogs as a way of profiling your reseach
- The blogs as a way of connecting with peers around the world and access their expertise
- The Networks sites build up around common subjects as ways of interacting with others
- The Web sites as means to publish articles
- Social networks as part of commercializing
What do you think is new?
Posted in Change11, Massive Open Online Courses, Thoughts and tagged #Change11, Academic Profiling, Networked learning by Lone with 1 comment.